Vista: Why did the installer report success but did not install NetBeans?
Problem description: On Microsoft Windows Vista, the installer will run successfully and not display an error message, but nothing is installed.
In general, on Vista, 'User Account Control' should be turned off during the initial install of NetBeans and any time you wish to run the Plugin Manager.
- To turn off UAC, go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control On/Off.
- Before running the installer again, you must
- delete the .netbeans directory under your \Users\username folder,
- delete the .nbi directory under your \Users\username folder,
- delete the netbeans directory under Program Files,
- if you installed TomCat and/or Glassfish, uninstall them using Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- if it exists, delete ~/.netbeans-derby directory under your \Users\username folder
- Then, run the installer again. Right-click the installer and select Run As Administrator
Applies to: NetBeans IDE 6.0.1
Platform: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1