NetBeans 7.3 Bug Waiver Process
- Bugzilla Keywords for NetBeans 7.3
High-priority bugs are subject to the release quality criteria. All exceptions must be waived by this process.
An engineer responsible for the waived bug is supposed to request a waiver :
- Add appropriate justification for the waiver in the issue description
- Mark the issue with the 7.3_WAIVER_REQUEST keyword
- Send a request to the nbdevATnetbeans.org alias. The request must include the following info:
- the bug id and a short description
- the justification for the waiver
- a statement about user impact (e.g. how often the bug is likely to occur, behaviour after the problem occurs, impact on other features, etc.)
- a workaround description (if available)
- an estimation when and how the bug will be fixed
- Wait 48 hours for any objections :
- If there are questions/objections, answer/resolve them as appropriate
- No objections (or all of them have been addressed), change the keyword to 7.3_WAIVER_APPROVED.
- Work with Docs on documenting the waived bug in the release notes (if appropriate)
- If scheduling is an issue to address issue in current release, it should be addressed in a Patch. If so, mark the issue with status-whiteboard 73patch-candidate value.
Waiver will be not approved for issue that was already waived in 3 previous releases.