How to Install NetBeans IDE 5.5.1 on Ubuntu?
- NetBeans IDE 5.5.1 packages are available in feisty-backports and can be installed as follows:
- Go to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.
- In the Synaptic Package Manager, choose Settings > Repositories and then click the Updates tab.
- Make sure the "Unsupported updates (feisty-backports)" checkbox is selected. Click Close.
- Click Reload in the main menu bar.
- Click Search, enter "netbeans".
- Select "netbeans5.5", notice the "Latest Version" column indicates '5.5.1'.
- Select the package you need, as well as other packages such as localization and documentation.
Testing report for NetBeans IDE
- Ubuntu packages were tested by form of sanity test, consisting of these steps:
- Installation of NetBeans
- Open / Close IDE
- Start / Stop of Bundled Tomcat
- Create / Deploy / Debug / Stop on breakpoint with web application on Bundled Tomcat
- We also tested Glassfish 9.0 packages, which should be in Multiverse repository now
- Run J2EE automated tests for the NB installation