The Sakila Sample Database Plugin
This plugin makes it very easy to load the MySQL Sakila sample database into a MySQL server from NetBeans.
For more information on the Sakila sample database, see http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/SakilaSampleDB
Once you install this plugin, to create the sample database, do the following:
- Open the Databases node in the Services tab
- If there is no MySQL node showing, right-click on Databases and choose "Register MySQL Server" and register your server
- If you are not connected to the MySQL server, right click on the MySQL node and choose "Connect..."
- Once you are connected, right-click on the MySQL node and choos "Create Database..."
- Either type in 'sakila' or choose 'sakila' from the drop-down list
- Press OK. Fill in the new connection dialog. Once this completes, the Sakila database tables, view functions, triggers, and data are automatically loaded into this new database
- Open the new connection to the sakila database and you can see the tables and data are all there