This page lists additional plugins available for NetBeans 6.0 that you may find useful.
- Experimental Ruby Hints. There are a number of experimental hints, such as those described
here. If you are using the RubyIDE built at http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/ruby/, you already have the hints baked in, but for other builds (such as Milestone 11), you can get this plugin from the update center via the Plugins dialog.
- Spell Checking. This module performs spell checking in the background and underlines words that appear to be misspelled in your comments.
- Rectangular Selection. This module allows you to make rectangular (rather than line-based) selection. [More
- Tabs. This module highlights any tab characters in your source code and provides an action to wipe them out.
- Trailing Whitespace. This module highlights (in a faint color) trailing whitespace and provides an action to wipe it out.
- Quick File Chooser. This module replaces the standard IDE file chooser with one optimized for keyboard usage.
Details, pointer to up to date bits needed
- Build Monitor. This module is used in conjunction with a Hudson continuous build server, such as the one running
the Ruby IDE build at http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/ruby/. Details
- TODO Highlighter. This module highlights any TODO markers in the editor in a different color. The set of
actual markers to be used is configurable; the default includes TODO, XXX, FIXME. Details, sources are in CVS under contrib/showtodos