NetBeans Ruby Support FAQ
This FAQ provides answers to frequently asked questions relating to the use of the Ruby support in the NetBeans IDE. For questions related to other parts of NetBeans, see the general NetBeans FAQ.
Don't see what you need here? Check the FAQ Index.
Important: If you add items to this FAQ page, use WikiWords beginning with FaqRuby<Topic> for the topics - e.g. FaqRubyEncoding - that way they can be searched, aggregated, etc. Thanks.
Don't know how to add FAQ Entries?
- How do I install the Ruby support into the Java/C++/PHP/... NetBeans IDE?
- How do I install the Java support into the Ruby NetBeans IDE?
- Do I need to install the JDK to install and use the Ruby-Only version of the IDE?
- How can I use UTF-8 encoding?
- How to turn on detailed logging to see what NetBeans does behind the scene?
- How can I set Java Platform for JRuby Project?
- How can I set JVM Arguments for the platform used by JRuby?
- [NetBeans tells me to install the mysql gem and try again, but that gem
has native extensions. What do I do?|http://blogs.sun.com/divas/entry/no_such_file_to_load]
- How do I set Ruby platform for a Ruby project?
- Platform is shown in red in the Platform Manager or elsewhere, what does it mean?
- Gems fetching fails in the Gem Manager
- Sudo password is refused by RubyGems manager
- I just updated my Ruby/Rails/Gem version and I am having problems
- I am encountering permission problems using Gem Manager
- I am having problem with installing Gems that use native extensions
- Gems fetching takes forever
- I am having a problem updating Ruby Gems through NetBeans using Proxy
- How do I fix the Rails requires RubyGems >= 1.3.1 Error
- I'm getting OutOfMemoryError when using Gem Manager
- Should I use parentheses or spaces around Ruby method arguments?
- How do I continue a comment on the next line?
- How do I run the Depot sample application?
- Are there limitations on the use of multibyte or extended ASCII in Netbeans Ruby and Rails?
- How do I add custom tasks to the project?
- How do you run/debug ruby script with options?
- How do I install a Rails plugin
- Is there automated support for creating the self.down method of a migration?
- Can the IDE's generate dialog also run the "delete" operations?
- Is there a way to turn off the "logical" Project view?
- Is there a default keyboard shortcut for the generate dialog?
- How do I run my application in production mode, test mode, or some other Rails environment?
- How do I get Rake to run in a different mode, such as production mode or test mode?
- How do I use the NetBeans IRB console in NetBeans 6.1
- How can I run IRB with native Ruby in NetBeans 6.0?
- How can I run colored IRB with code-completion in NetBeans 6.1?
- How can I access Java from the JRuby IRB?
- Why do I get "LoadError: no such file to load"?
- Is there Terminal Emulator for NetBeans?
- Do I need a database server, or can I put db files on my personal computer?
- How do I set up my Rails project to access my database?
- How do I access databases from my JRuby Rails project?