- Apache Ant 1.9.4
- Java SE Embedded (Remote Java Platform) supports execution wrappers (e.g. sudo)
- Java file icons in projects differs by type (class, abstract class, enum, interface, annotation) Issue 225049
- Code completion proposes singular variable names Issue 227566
- Minor improvements in "Select next/previous element" Issue 146602
- New code templates:
- Breadcrumbs shows package of the type too Issue 237904
- Due to integration of new findbugs 3.0.0 library, findbugs plugin now works on jdk8 classfiles. Issue 243024
- Improve comment handling for hints and refactorings - JavaDoc won't get deleted anymore Issue 239487
- "Import statics" hint supports fields/enum-fields too Issue 89258
- Remove unnecessary semicolon after an empty statement Issue 244934
- Dependency graph uses project icons Issue 217106
- Incremental search results in Go To File provide much faster response. Issue 195814, Issue 231532, Issue 178610
- Quicksearch for symbols and types now also shows the projectname if available Issue 139268
Java Enterprise Edition
Support for WebLogic Server 12.1.3
Support for WildFly Server
The WildFly server plugin, contributed by the JBoss team, is now included in the IDE distribution.
Tomcat updated to 8.0.9
Tomcat bundled with NetBeans 8.0.1 was upgraded to version 8.0.9.
GlassFish updated to 4.1
GlassFish bundled with NetBeans 8.0.1 was upgraded to version 4.1.
PrimeFaces updated to 5.0
Bundled PrimeFaces library was upgradet to version 5.0.
Code Completion Based on an Identifier Usage
Now NetBeans also offers in code completion items that are counted from usage of an identifier in the project.
For example on the picture above the code completion is called after myApi identifier. NetBeans looks for all usages of this identifier and find out, which functions and properties are called after the myApi identifier in the project. As a result the items getAllUsers(), getContext(), printInfo() and closeAllConnections() are added to the code completion.
These items doesn't have to be correct, but if the code is written in a style they can help a lot. User can recognized these items by the gray color of the file name.
Require JS Support
The Require JS Support is now a part of the NetBeans.
Navigation to the used module
On the picture above there is shown a beginning of a module that define usage of modules that are used. User can navigate to the used module through CTRL+Click functionality. NetBeans opens the used module file, if there is possibility to find it.
and navigation in requirejs.config, where the path to a file can be redefined:
As the mapping can be set a part of path or whole path that will be resolved to the folder or file.
Linking used module and function parameters
Code completion for config properties
The support module adds code completion for the config properties, if the config object is a parameter of the config method. Also there is displayed documentation of the properties. </br>
- Support for code coverage has been added.
NPM and Bower
New support for package.json and bower.json. Node.JS and Bower modules can be installed directly within the IDE.
Improved support for Grunt
- Grunt tasks are now available on project level for HTML5 Project, PHP, Maven and Web Projects.
- Grunt tasks can be mapped to Project's actions (Build, Clean, Clean and Build)
- Support for PHP 5.6
- Support for Member Code Completion in PHPDoc
- Possibility to Use Public Modifier for Generated Methods
- Support for code coverage
- Floating variable view now spans the whole editor width for comfortable use. Issue 245042
- History of last projects executed under debugger is put into the popup menu of Debug toolbar button. This makes it consistent with Run button. Issue 193872
- When there is not enough memory to show a variable value, the first 100 000 characters are displayed and there is an option to save the full content to a file. Issue 243700
- "Resolve conflicts" is now available as toolbar action Issue 245127
- Update to JGit 3.4.1 Issue 245452
- Provide an "Open configuration" action at "Git -> Repository -> Open Configuration" which opens the .git/config file in the NetBeans editor Issue 245254
- A new view for displaying incoming and outgoing commits. Adds two new actions "Show In/Outgoing" displaying unpulled (unpushed) commits into (from) a specific branch. Issue 245076
Git Repository Browser
- Add "Search History" context menu action for branch and tag nodes Issue 245135
- Add "Sync with tracked branch" context menu action for branch node. This action moves the branch's head to the new commit if it is a ff merge. Issue 245078
- Add option to automatically pull branches Issue 244707
How to set it up:
a) in the repository browser open the popup menu on a local branch
b) select/unselect the option "[x] Automatically Synchronize with "origin/XXX"
c) when selected then the local branch will be synced after a fetch/pull automatically.
- Sync status of branches like "behind/ahead/merge needed" are displayed right next to the branch's name Issue 245134
- Usability: press DEL for deleting branches/tags Issue 245093
- Usability: double click to checkout branch/revision/tag Issue 243226
- Add "Cherry pick" action Issue 235267
The action is available also from the Git menu as Git > Branch/Tag > Cherry Pick... In the Show History view it displays only if the commit has not yet been merged into the current branch.
"Show changes" view
- view can now be opened without changing the context - assign a shortcut for the action name "Open Status Window" in the keymap options Issue 243931
- changes can now also be shown in tree (similar to the normal diff view) Issue 244537
- allow to specify fast-forward behavior Issue 245236
- Open diff of files in one tab instead of n-tabs. Git displays the diff in one single tab with all the files selectable in a table at the top of the tab - similar to the normal diff view. Issue 237636
- Mouse wheel scrolling of inner tabs in Output, Search Results and Usages windows. Issue 243529
- Closing of minimized windows with mouse middle-click. Issue 244584
- Provide a way to display/edit BLOB content as text in dataview Issue 241490
- H2 template added to JDBC Schema list Issue 239876