New and Noteworthy in Milestone1
Plugin Manager in background
- Plugin Manager allows to run download&install plugins in background, task progress is notified in the status line
- Moreover Plugin Manager is non-modal dialog now
- Now it is possible to integrate server plugin in to the NetBeans UI without dependency on j2eeserver API.
- Slided-in windows can be made transparent to see what's beneath them, the shortcut is Ctrl+NumPad_0
Balloon like tool tip
Mainly used to signalize that new updates are available. The look isn't final (any ideas for improvements? Comment on IZ125119
- Visible choice in the Add Server Instance dialog
- SIP container application exposed in Services Explorer
WebSphere 6.0 & 6.1
- WebSphere 6.0 & 6.1 support is now part of the NetBeans.
- WAR, EJB and EAR development and deployment for WebSpehere is supported.
New Woodstock components in Palette
- Accordion, Bubble help and Popup Menu components are available in JSF pallet. You can just Drag and Drop them in your page.
RESTful Web Service Plugin:
- Support for Jersey 0.5: the plugin now bundle Jersey 0.5 version and generate code conformed to new API.
- New REST Test Client UI: support for sub-resources navigation
- New REST client wizard support for generation of stub generation from WADL.