NetBeans Community Acceptance Testing program (NetCAT)
Welcome to the NetBeans IDE community testing initiative! If you have not heard about NetCAT before, please read what it's all about. Simply put, the goal of NetCAT program is to get early feedback on the main features and confirmation from NetBeans community that quality of the product is ready for FCS release.
Both NetCAT program and Community Acceptance (CA) survey are open for the whole NetBeans community in order to obtain as much objective feedback on Beta and RC builds quality as possible. We kindly ask all potential participants to read responsibilities of NetCAT participant before joining the program in order to understand and adhere to NetCAT etiquette rules.
Members of the NetCAT program enjoy special privileges. Bugs submitted by participants get special attention from both NetBeans developers and QE engineers. NetCAT participants can also edit Wiki pages without CAPTCHA checks and their exception reports are immediately filed as new bugs. Finally, the most helpful members will receive a special gift for the voluntary work plus recommendation via LinkedIn. The most important thing is that we want our community to accept the NetBeans IDE 8.1 release. Your views and opinions are important to us so don't hesitate and join NetCAT program!
Smooth communication and gathering quality feedback in the NetCAT program is based on the following elements:
|Mailing lists||Archived e-mail aliases for communication between NetCAT team members.|| [View main archive] |
[View C/C++ archive]
[View DB archive]
[View GUI Builder archive]
[View JavaEE archive]
[View JavaFX archive]
[View Maven archive]
[View Web Client archive]
|Web forum||Web accessible forum for communication of NetCAT team members. Access is granted one week after formation of the NetCAT team.||[Access forum]|
|Simple bug forms||A special one-step form to submit issues and a simplified bug query form for quick and easy use.|| [Report new issue] |
[Search an issue]
|Dashboard||Bug dashboard contains NetCAT specific page reflecting progress of testing development builds.||[Take a look]|
|Reported issues statistic||Comparison of activity of individual NetCAT participants in terms of submitted bugs.|| [Show statistics]|
|CA survey||Special form prepared for Community Acceptance phase where everybody from NetBeans users community get a chance to express their opinions on RC build quality and release readiness.|| [Preview]|
This is a rough plan of important announcements, milestones and tasks scheduled for the 3 months during the NetCAT program. It is also available as Google Calendar.
- 2015-07-07 - NetCAT 8.1 announced, volunteers start joining
- 2015-07-19 - Tribes created
- 2015-07-20 - Beta readiness check through 2015-08-02
- 2015-07-20 - First weekly report sent
- 2015-08-03 - Review and update of test specifications started
- 2015-08-04 - Beta released
- 2015-08-10 - Normalized full testing started
- 2015-08-17 - Documentation review started
- 2015-09-14 - Early CA through 2015-09-20
- 2015-09-18 - Final CA survey questions defined
- 2015-09-15 - Code Freeze milestone reached
- 2015-09-24 - RC readiness check through 2015-09-27
- 2015-09-25 - CA survey developed & tested
- 2015-09-29 - RC released, CA survey opened
- 2015-10-09 - FCS certification through 2015-10-12
- 2015-10-12 - CA survey closed, results published
- 2015-10-12 - NetCAT satisfaction survey through 2015-10-18
- 2015-10-13 - Last weekly report sent
- 2015-10-19 - NetCAT team activity calculated
- 2015-10-20 - NetCAT game over
The NetCAT 8.1 program will be launched soon. Please watch email@example.com mailing list or NetBeans news for official invitation.
Disclaimer: The content of this NetBeans development wiki page is intended for pre-planning purposes ONLY. The development, release, and timing of any feature or functionality described here should not be treated as final, and is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Oracle. For information about NetBeans software releases please visit the NetBeans Roadmap.