NetBens 9 will release together with JDK 9 and its main theme will be to support this upcoming Java SE 9 release.
- Java 9 modules support
- Focus is Java SE distribution supporting Java 9 modules development. This includes Ant based and Maven based projects.
- NB Java SE app project will support single module development
- New project type will be added to support multi-module development
- Apache Ant is being updated by us to get support for JDK 9 in basic Ant tasks
- All tools in Java SE distro to work correcly when NB is running on top of JDK9 and/or JDK9 is set as projects Java Platform.
- Profiler to work with JDK9 apps
- Java Shell support and integration with IDE at level of projects, smart use in debugger,...
- Multi Release JAR files to be handled properly by NB Java Support
- Support for various smaller JEPs targeted for JDK9
Move of NetBeans project to Apache https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NetBeansProposal can have an impact on NetBeans 9 release. The move of sources, bugs, build jobs and other services will happen during this release.
New and Noteworthy
Schedule is preliminary and can change.
|Feature Freeze||Mar 2017|
|Code Freeze||June 2017|
|FCS||Aligned with JDK 9 GA, July 2017|
- NetBeans 9 New features QE coverage
- 9 Quality Criteria
- 9 Supported Platforms
- JDK8 is supported platform for NetBeans 9, JDK7 support was dropped. JDK9 is target as NB 9 runtime platform till the end of development cycle when changes in JDK9 will settle.
- 9 Bug Dashboard
- NetBeans 9 Standard Distribution Update Center
- NetBeans 9 Certified Plugins Update Center
- NetBeans 9 Plugin Portal Update Center
Disclaimer: The content of this NetBeans development wiki page is intended for pre-planning purposes ONLY. The development, release, and timing of any feature or functionality described here should not be treated as final, and is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Oracle.