The main themes of NetBeans IDE 7.0.1 will be the following:
Full certification on the final release of JDK 7. This is distinct from the JDK 7 new language features that were introduced in NetBeans 7.0. For 7.0.1, the focus is on running the IDE itself on JDK 7, as well as full support for running user applications on JDK 7 as the target platform.
NetBeans 7.0.1 will also be bundled with JDK 7.
Bundle GlassFish 3.1.1 update release
- resolve/workaround NB7.0 vs. JDK7 issues BZ query
- fix issues with Status Whiteboard "fix-in-nb701"
- areas where we should increase quality significantly (P3 bug count 7.0 CF):
- PHP (400)
- Editor/Painting (118) + Code Folding(35)
- GUI builder(212)
- any issues found while running NB701SanityTestSpecifications (marked with SANITY keyword) (Sanity Test Specifications will cover basic functionality, so this will assure users are not facing any issues while using basic functionality, will be ready to be reviewed by Development by May/1)
- Upgrade JSF library bundled with NetBeans to version 2.1 - Issue 196456
- Update Javac to track JDK 7
- Update GlassFish bundled in the installer to version 3.1.1
- Update Tomcat bundled in the installer to version 7.0.12
Schedule is subject to change
|Stabilization in trunk||3/9||5/12||9 weeks|
|Stabilization on the release branch||5/14||6/14||4 weeks|
|NetCAT - 1st round||6/1||6/6||5/31 prepare build for NetCAT 7.0, pretest by QE|
|RC Cycle||6/15||Late July 2011|
|NetCAT - 2nd round||6/30||7/12||use one of the RCs build for NetCAT 7.0, pretest by QE|
|FCS||Late July 2011|
Quality and Testing
No new documentation planned. Existing documentation will be updated to work with 7.0.1 if needed, but the expectation is that the required changes will be minimal.
Update Centers and Userdir
Same as NB 7.0 - module updates of 7.0.1 will be available on 7.0 UC
Also the userdir will be the same as for NetBeans 7.0.
We may separate the update centers and/or the userdir if we find severe compatilibity issues that we can not fix for 7.0.1.
New and Noteworthy
A New and Noteworthy document for 7.0.1 is not needed, as this is a bugfix-only release.
Disclaimer: The content of this NetBeans development wiki page is intended for pre-planning purposes ONLY. The development, release, and timing of any feature or functionality described here should not be treated as final, and is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Oracle. For information about NetBeans software releases please visit the NetBeans Roadmap or the NetBeans Release Planning wiki.