Running NetBeans IDE on Mac OS X
This page collects issues and questions that you might encounter when running NetBeans IDE on the Mac OS X platform.
Installation and Configuration
- NetBeans IDE 7.2 Release Notes
- Keyboard Shortcuts on Mac OS X
- Installing NetBeans IDE 7.2 on Mac OS X
- My NetBeans IDE is slow. What can I do?
- How do I make NetBeans recognize my JDK 6 installation on Mac OS X?
- How do I know what Java version is installed?
- How do I know if I am running 32 or 64 bit Mac?
- How do I define environment variables so that Mac OS X applications can see them?
- How do I set Up JDK 6 and JavaFX on 32-bit Intel Macs?
- Is there a way to install NetBeans IDE silently?
- Character encoding problem with Netbeans Subversion on Mac
- How can I invoke a context menu from the keyboard on Mac OS X?
- How to improve graphics of DnD on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) with Quartz switch?
- Using UML on Mac
- When I try debugging on a Mac OS machine, the debugger fails (C++)?
- Project error on Mac OS X
- How can I use the Mpowerplayer for MIDP development on Mac OS X?
- How to install the Java ME Microemulator plugin on Mac OS X?
For the full list of NetBeans FAQs, see NetBeansUserFAQ
- Issue # 146119: Netbeans will not launch from Finder
- Issue # 152916: IDE does not start on 64-bit Mac OS X 10.5.5 using jdk 1.6_07
- Issue # 119617: Cursor lost in editor
- Issue # 114365: Adding profiling point via shortcut does not work on Mac OS X
- Issue # 130357: Cannot generate Javadoc if project name or path has multibyte
- Issue # 130311: Some messages or strings in another language or character set are not shown in output window correctly
- Issue # 149736: (C++) Breakpoints do not work on Mac OS X if Output window is used
- Issue # 167139: Can't deploy to Tomcat because path to context.xml is improperly escaped
\Fixed in NetBeans 6.7. See also forum entry Tomcat deploy fails after Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 4