Native Linux Packages
If you find any bugs or have comments, please report them to email@example.com mailing list.
Ubuntu and Fedora Linux Distributions
In the tables below <v> means cluster version, e.g 10 for platform10 or 2 for java2.
Ubuntu Packages Structure
|Source Package||Binary Package|
Fedora Packages Structure
|Source Package||Binary Package||Virtual Package|
As you may see below installation layout is designed to potentially allow installation of several versions of the same cluster(e.g platform) into one system. This allows other applications dependent on older cluster version (e.g. platform8 cluster) to still use this cluster even NetBeans IDE with cluster platform10 is installed. The <v> comes from content of VERSION.txt file inside each cluster.
/usr/share/netbeans/ | |-- <nb version> | |-- platform -> ../platform<v> | |-- apisupport -> ../apisupport<v> | |-- ide -> ../ide<v> | |-- java -> ../java<v> | |-- harness -> ../harness | |-- bin | |-- etc | |-- nb<nb version> | |-- config | |-- core | |-- docs | |-- modules | |-- update_tracking | `-- var | |-- apisupport<v> |-- harness |-- ide<v> |-- java<v> `-- platform<v>
As was said above several versions of the same cluster could be installed in parallel. Of course, all the 3rd party dependencies should be manually resolved in this case. The process:
Add a repository containing platform version you need. See Adding Repositories in Ubuntu for more details.
After updating, use:
sudo apt-get install libnb-platform9-java
In case if you downloaded libnb-platform<v>-java package via wget, use:
sudo dpkg --install libnb-platform9-java_6.5-0ubuntu2_all.deb
Stripped IDE configuration
Due to lack of 3rd party libraries we are packaging subset of basic cluster. The removal is done by patch.
Lists of modules removed from basic cluster by patch:
Mandriva Linux distribution
Press Release April 17, 2008
NetBeans team and Mandriva, the publisher of Mandriva Linux are proud to announce the immediate availability of award winning NetBeans IDE as part of the Mandriva 2008.1 Linux distribution.
Based on the open source NetBeans IDE 6.0 release, and the open source version of Java, as developed by Sun Microsystems, the Mandriva's contrib repository now contains a full Open Source stack to write, run, debug and test Swing based Java applications. Just open your favorite package management tool and install "netbeans-ide" package:
Enjoy! If you find any bugs, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
Technical info about Packaging
These days the Mandriva's RPMs are backports of the packages for Fedora.
Gentoo Linux distribution
- Netbeans 6.9 package on Gentoo contains every standard module/cluster. Here are the modules/clusters: NETBEANS_MODULES="apisupport cnd dlight enterprise ergonomics groovy harness ide identity java mobility nb php profiler ruby websvccommon"
- We also have localization support in the package: LINGUAS="af ar ca cs de el es fr gl hi_IN id it ja ko lt nl pl pt_BR pt_PT ro ru sq sr sv tl tr vi zh_CN zh_TW"
- Users can choose which modules they want to have built in, the same applies to locales
- We support x86 and amd64 archs
- Installation instructions are available at Gentoo Linux Wiki
- Info about native linux packages of Netbeans 6.9 can be found in the ebuild (DEPEND is for compilation time dependencies, RDEPEND for runtime dependencies), more info about the packages can be found at Gentoo Online Package Database (please note that Gentoo is from-source distribution so we have to solve also compilation time JARs)