|Area||QE Owner(s)||Testing results|
|Java WEB & EE||Jirka Skrivanek||DONE|
According to the NetBeans_71_Quality_Plan the NetBeans Quality Engineering will provide testing of accessibility during Sept 27. We agreed that testing will be provided only for newly created GUI.
Each QE engineer is required to write "NOT TESTED" to the table in case that the area hasn't been equipped by new GUI. If the testing of the area is completed then "DONE" is required in the proper cell.
To install the tester tool please follow the page at http://wiki.netbeans.org/A11YShortly
How to evaluate A11Y-tester output
It is not enough to execute A11Y-tester and file issues according to its output. While testing A11Y by A11Y-tester module there is human evaluation needed. The tool returns 2 types of results for each accessibility category of conflicts:
- 1/String "-none" in the output means that there is no conflict in appropriate category of conflicts.
- 2/The output of the tool tells us where could be potentially A11Y-issue but those suspicions need to be checked and the conclusion decision should be made whether it is issue or not according to common sense.
Notice: Please do NOT execute testing on Mac OS X because the tool is not fully compatible with that platform.
We will use distributed process of testing NetBeans accessibility. It means that everybody from NetBeans Quality Engineering should execute A11Y testing in his/her responsible area (according to changes made in GUI).
- For all new features/GUI there should be executed "first round" of a11y-testing right after the feature is integrated. This testing is executed in the same range as "regular round".
- The "regular round" is usually executed at the same time for all team members according to the testing schedules. Quality engineer executes tests for all dialogs and GUI components from the area of responsibility and evaluates the output. Issues are reported to issuezilla and the issue priority is set according to the Bug priority guidelines document. Add keyword "A11Y" into the keyword field of reported issue. We used to have issue summary prefix 'A11Y' but please don't use this convention and sign the a11y-issues just with the 'A11Y' keyword. The output from A11Y-tester is usually added to the issue description.
- Provide testing with the latest 7.1 builds or daily build.
Originally the 508 form needed to be submitted by 15 Oct 2011 at http://globaldc.oracle.com/perl/twiki/view/AccessibilityProgram/VpatWriters#Creating%20a%20VPAT The 'input' to the process is actual accessibility test results. Link to this document will be added to the assessment.