NetBeans 6.7 Documentation Plan
This plan is the umbrella plan that covers information deliverables for the NetBeans IDE 6.7 release created by the staff members of the NetBeans docs team.
For the NetBeans 6.7 release, the focus for documentation falls into the following categories:
- "Connected" IDE Adoption
Tutorials, video demos, and blogs that show integration of the IDE with available cloud solutions.
- 6.7 New Features and Sun Platforms Adoption Docs
- Providing deeper end-to-end tutorials to address more complex user scenarios that leverage existing functionality and demonstrate the use of other Sun platforms and products.
- Create new docs (or update existing ones) to demonstrate the use of new 6.7 features.
- New Content and Updates
- Creating new content for some areas (such as PHP, Ruby, etc.) and updating critical 6.5 documents to work with the 6.7 release.
- Context-sensitive topics for complex dialogs and wizards will receive the most attention. Comprehensiveness is a non-goal. Some steps will be taken to improve search through help sets.
Who Does What
See the Who Does What for NetBeans 6.7 Docs table for a list of owners for each area covered by the NetBeans documentation team.
See the NetBeans 6.7 Documentation Table for a list of tutorials and screencasts, including older tutorials that still work for 6.7 (or which will be updated for 6.7)
Doc milestones are set against the overall release milestones that are shown in the NetBeans 6.7 schedule
Note that the dates in this table will change if the milestones that they are tied to (e.g. beta 1 release) change.
|Milestone||Estimated Date||Actual Date||Notes|
|M3 Release, Feature Freeze||March 26, 2009|
|Beta Staging site ready||Mon, Apr 6||Tentatively, 2 wks before Beta|
|Beta Release||April 20, 2009||Beta content due Wed, Apr 15|
|UI Freeze||May 11, 2009|
|Online Help 90% complete||TBD|
|Code Freeze||May 25, 2009|
|Online Help Handoff||TBD|
|RC1||June 1, 2009|
|FCS staging server ready||June 8||FCS Web Content Due June 17, Web Docs 100% complete|
|FCS pushed live||June 22, 2009||Sanity check after push|