NetBeans 6.5 L10N Platform Engineering Process (for Community Language)
There are big two changes in engineering process at NetBeans 6.5 releases:
New versioning system of netbeans.org. Our home repository is : http://hg.netbeans.org/release65/l10n. You can get our files by
% hg clone http://hg.netbeans.org/release65/l10n
The structure of l10n-kit has been also changed dynamically. We now use the same(almost) structure of nbm/jar files. Please check the detail in NB6.1MLPlan
- The top directory is based on cluster name, the 2nd directory is based on nbm name
- All .properties files are generated from nbm/jar files, which means most comment lines are removed. Only #NOI18N comment are there.
1st l10n-kit (200808141419)
Note 200808141419 is obsoleted. Pick up 200810140201.
NetBeans 6.5 is still under development. So it's not final but you can start translation from this l10n-kit.
- NetBeans Platform nb65-community-nbplatform.zip
Once your team finishes the above l10n-kit, please try the entire l10n-kit. But it's not small so please discuss which clusters you will translate first. Please check the list of clusters corresponding to installer. "Java SE" should be localized first.
- Other files nb65-community-other.zip
2nd l10n-kit (200809151401)
Note 200808141419 is obsoleted. Pick up 200810140201.
You don't need to translate all files again, if you completed the translation of 200808141419, please translate only updated files below. However, if you need to update translations among entire files, you need to use above files for generating all files again.
- NetBeans Platform - Only updated files from 200808141419 : nb65-community-nbplatform.zip
- Other files - Only updated files from 200808141419 : nb65-community-other.zip
If you completed 200808141419, these diff information are useful.
- Updated files from 200808141419 http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/files/documents/94/2227/updatefile.txt
- Diffs from 200808141419 http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/files/documents/94/2222/diff.txt
- Removed files from 200808141419 http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/files/documents/94/2226/removedfile.txt
- Added files from 200808141419 http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/files/documents/94/2225/newfile.txt
final l10n-kit (200810140201)
You don't need to translate all files again, if you completed the translation of 200809151401, please translate only updated files below. However, if you need to update translations among entire files, you need to use above files for generating all files again.
- NetBeans Platform - Only updated files from 200809151401 : nb65-community-nbplatform.zip
- Other files - Only updated files from 200809151401 : nb65-community-other.zip
- diff information for Platform only
- diff information from 200809151401
- new/updated properties files from 200809151401
- new/updated html files from 200809151401
Note These two files have been updated. Please pick up again.
Please check these properties are commented out.
#NOI18N -#servicetag.allow.create=true +servicetag.allow.create=true #NOI18N -#servicetag.allow.register=true +servicetag.allow.register=true
Note apisupport/timers is no longer necessary Please remove apisupport/timers from your OmegaT's source directory. This file is no longer necessary.
Note other/installer/mac/newbuild/Bundle.properties has been updated. Please pick up the final l10n-kit nb65-community-other.zip again or just other/installer/mac/newbuild/Bundle.properties. This file has been updated but you don't need to integrate again. This update has been already integrated. Please be careful when you updated installer files, please do not overwrite.
How to localize
NetBeans IDE is an application written in Java. So the localization means mainly translating .properties files. Please refer the documents especially
Many folks are using OmegaT, but you can use our own way. Following is the step how to localize.
- Prepare TMX for OmegaT
- Pick up l10n-kit and unzip to source directory of OmegaT project
- Localize on OmegaT
- Generate output files
- Zip files and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are some special files.
#To localize, change this value to the name of the language in that language (e.g. "Japanese" in the Japanese language) language.name=English #To localize, change this value to the name of the language in English (e.g. Japanese) language.webpage.name=English #To localize, change this value to the current localization locale (e.g. ja) language.id=en
How to integrate
Please send zip file to email@example.com. Or if you already have an account of hg and want to integrate by yourself, please follow the instruction of
and use release65/l10n repository.
will be prepared.
If you want to localize them locally, please follow the step of How to build localized NetBeans 6.1 for your language
status and validation page
Please inform your language to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check NOI18N list in http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/6.5/validation_noi18nlist.txt. These strings should not be localized, keep them in English in your localized files. Please revert back these strings to English, or please use commentoutNOI18N_ALL.sh script to comment out these strings automatically. Please refer the http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/6.5/validation.html about how to use it. You need to add a language as argument.
% ./commentoutNOI18N_ALL.sh pt_BR
clusters and installer
Let's localize "Java SE" installer first. Please pick up these zip file from nb65-community-other.zip.
- NetBeans Platform
- Java SE