Mobility Visual Designer - Custom Components Tutorial
It's possible to use Wizards to create most of the Custom Components structure, to find out more look at Java ME Custom Component Creation
This tutorial is a quick introduction for developers who would like to create a plug-in for Designer 2. This document describes how to create a plug-in that adds a single custom component. Actually all the work can be done automatically using the "Add from Project" wizard in the "Palette Manager" in the Designer palette. The overall purpose is to show how plug-in development for NetBeans Mobility can be done. The plug-in also allows more customizations to be added later than the "Add from Project" wizard.
Tutorial is dived into two parts. First part document describes how to create part of the custom component visible in the Mobility Visual Designer (Design-time). Second part shows how to wrapped and add existing Java ME custom component library to the Netbeans global collection of libraries and attach it to the Netbeans Mobility project.
The documentation is intended as a starting point for exploring the nuts and bolts of the Visual Designer API and its MIDP model implementation.
- Netbeans Mobility 6.0 or higher (click here to download)
- Basic knowledge of Netbeans API and Netbeans Module Development support. (read more)
- Basic knowledge of Java ME read more and Netbeans Mobility (read more)
- DesignTimeCustomComponent - Part One: How to create Custom Component Netbeans Module project.
- RunTimeCustomComponent - Part Two: How to create and wrap Java ME libraries.
contact: Karol Harezlak
Back to MobilityDesignerHome