Netbeans Mobility Developer Page
NetBeans Mobility is an extension to NetBeans IDE that helps developers to write, test, and debug applications for the Java Micro Edition platform (Java ME platform) technology-enabled mobile devices. Netbeans Mobility is an open source project and also serves as a platform for additional Java ME tools.
- Custom components A Visual Mobile Designer which is part of Mobility offers tools to create Visual Mobile Designer Custom Components.
- Custom components API Support - Custom Component API Project Support simplifies process of creation of new Visual Mobile Designer Components.
- Documentation for Netbeans Mobility Developers include project structure, design documents, APIs, plans, etc.
- Java ME and JavaFX Mobile Learning Trail has articles, tutorials and examples of how to develop applications using the Netbeans Mobility.
Report a bug
Software bugs are inevitable and we'd appreciate your input if you've encountered a defect or want an enhancement included in future releases. Please use the links below to share your bug discoveries or insights about what the IDE should include.
Join the community
The Netbeans Mobility is a phenomenal tool for Java ME developers. Want to make it better? Then participate in our developer community meetings, user groups and developer email lists for more information about how you can help develop future enhancements of the Mobility.
- Mailing lists. There are several mailing lists. Subscribe to users@mobility to discuss how to use Netbeans Mobility or general Java ME questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Developers contributing to the Netbeans Mobility source code (eg: new components, plugins, etc) should subscribe to email@example.com.
- Partners. Netbeans Mobility is an open source project. One of the goals is to provide a platform for all Java ME Tools. It's easy to get help from fellow developers who can be contacted by using the dev@mobility mailing list. This is a great resource if you need help with integrating your tool with Mobility, contributing a sample, or need tutorial assistance. More information about how-to contribute to NetBeans can be found at NetBeans Contribution page.
- Emulator integration Additional emulators can be integrated through Unified Emulator Interface. Emulator that does implement UEI will be automatically recognized by the IDE. Mobility is a reference implementation for IDE side.
Download Dev Build
To download newest build of Netbeans look into http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/trunk/BUILD_NUMBER/artifact/nbbuild/dist/zip/ and chose zip files which represents Netbeans Java edition, file name: netbeans-hudson-trunk-BUILD_NUMBER-java.zip