Installing the Java ME SDK 3.0 for CLDC on MacOS
The following instructions describe the installation of the Java ME SDK 3.0 on the MacOS platform.
* 300-350 MB hard disk space * 1 GB system RAM * 1 GHz Pentium CPU
* Mac OS X 10.5.8 with recent software updates * Java SE Development Kit - JDK 1.6
Installing the JavaME SDK 3.0 EA:
- Download the Java ME SDK 3.0 for MacOS EA.
- Verify that your system meets the preceding system requirements.
- Download the DMG file.
- Double-click the DMG file.
- Accept the license and continue the installation.
- The installer displays the installation panel. Dragging the Java ME SDK application icon over the Applications folder link will install Java ME SDK in the Applications folder. You can also use the Finder to move the application.
- In the Applications directory, click the Java ME SDK icon to start the application. Wait a few seconds for the Device Manager to detect the default devices delivered with the SDK.
The Java ME SDK 3.0 EA for MacOS can only be added as a Java Platform on the MacOS using NetBeans 6.8. To add the Java ME SDK 3.0 EA for Mac OS as a NetBeans Java Platform do the following:
- From the Main Menu, choose Tools > Java Platforms.
- Click Add Platform. The Add Java Platform Manager dialog opens.
- Select Java ME MIDP Platform Emulator and click Next.
- Find the folder on your system that contains the Java ME SDK. Click Next.
- Click Finish. The IDE registers the CLDC platform.
- Return to Java ME/Mobility FAQ