Where can I find Java ME SDK?
Starting from NetBeans 7.2.x, the Java ME SDK is unbundled from the NetBeans IDE and moved from the standard distribution of the IDE to the Java ME SDK Download page.
How to install Java ME SDK 3.2 (or more recent) on Windows?
- Go to the Java ME SDK Download page.
- Click the Accept License Agreement option.
- Download the Java ME SDK installer file and save it to any location on your computer.
- Double-click the installer file to run the installer, and follow the instructions.
- When the installation is complete, the Java (TM) ME Platform SDK Device Manager icon appears in the Windows system tray.
How to activate Java ME support in NetBeans IDE?
- Choose Tools > Java Platforms from the main IDE's toolbar.
- In the Plugins dialog box, click the Installed tab and select Java ME in the list of available features.
- Click Activate.
- At the Welcome panel of the Installer dialog box, click Activate.
- When the activation is successfully completed, click Finish.
- Click Close to close the Plugins dialog box.
How to register Java ME SDK as a platform in NetBeans IDE?
- Choose Tools > Plugins in the IDE.
- In the Java Platform Manager dialog box, click Add Platforms.
- In the Add Java Platform dialog box, select Java ME CLDC Platform Emulator and click Next.
- Select the folder where Java ME SDK is installed in the Choose directory to search for platforms dialog box and click Open.
- Ensure the Java ME SDK platform is chosen in the Add Java Platform dialog box and click Next.
- After the IDE detects the platform, click Finish. Java ME SDK should now be registered in the IDE.
- In the Java Platform Manager dialog box, click Close.
What are the versions of Java ME SDK plugins?
Note that different versions of the NetBeans IDE support different versions of the Java ME SDK on Windows:
|NetBeans IDE||Java ME SDK||Notes|
|6.9.1, 7.1.1, and 7.1.2||3.0.5||Java ME SDK Tools plugins are available via the NetBeans IDE Plugin Center|
|7.1 and 7.2||-||-|
|7.1.2||3.2||Java ME SDK Tools plugins (nb-me-sdk-plugins-uc.zip) should be downloaded and installed manually from Oracle Technology Network|
|7.2.x||3.2||Java ME SDK Tools plugins are available via the NetBeans IDE Plugin Center.|
|7.3.x||3.3 and 3.2||Java ME SDK 3.3 Tools plugins are available via the NetBeans IDE Plugin Center.
Java ME SDK 3.2 Tools plugins (nb-me-sdk-plugins-uc.zip) should be downloaded and installed manually from Oracle Technology Network.
|7.4||3.4, 3.3, and 8 EA||Java ME SDK 8 EA (oracle-jmesdk-8-0-ea-nb-plugins.zip), 3.4 (oracle-jmesdk-3-4-rr-nb-plugins.zip) and 3.3 Tools plugins should be downloaded and installed manually from Oracle Technology Network.|
|8.0 Beta||8 EA2 and 3.4||Java ME SDK 8 EA2 (jmesdk-8-0-ea2-nb-plugins.zip) and 3.4 (oracle-jmesdk-3-4-rr-nb-plugins.zip) Tools plugins should be downloaded and installed manually from Oracle Technology Network.|