Where can I find Java ME SDK?
Starting from NetBeans 7.2.x, the Java ME SDK is unbundled from the NetBeans IDE and moved from the standard distribution of the IDE to the Java ME SDK Download page.
How to install Java ME SDK 3.2 into NetBeans IDE 7.2.x (or more recent) on Windows?
- Go to the Java ME SDK Download page.
- Click the Accept License Agreement option.
- Download the oracle_java_me_sdk-3_2.exe installer file and save it to any location on your computer.
- Double-click the installer file to run the installer, and follow the instructions.
- When the installation is complete, the Java (TM) ME Platform SDK 3.2 Device Manager icon appears in the Windows system tray.
How to activate Java ME in the NetBeans IDE?
- Choose Tools > Plugins from the main IDE's toolbar.
- In the Plugins dialog box, click the Installed tab and select Java ME in the list of available features.
- Click Activate.
- At the Welcome panel of the Installer dialog box, click Activate.
- When the activation is successfully completed, click Finish.
- Click Close to close the Plugins dialog box.
What are the versions of Java ME SDK plugins?
Note that different versions of the NetBeans IDE support different versions of the Java ME SDK on Windows:
|NetBeans IDE||Java ME SDK||Notes|
|6.9.1, 7.1.1, and 7.1.2||3.0.5||Java ME SDK Tools plugins are available via the NetBeans IDE Plugin Center|
|7.1 and 7.2||-||-|
|7.1.2||3.2||Java ME SDK Tools plugins (nb-me-sdk-plugins-uc.zip) should be downloaded and installed manually from Oracle Technology Network|
|7.2.x||3.2||Java ME SDK Tools plugins are available via the NetBeans IDE Plugin Center|