NetBeans Fitness Program
Home page for NetBeans 6.7 performance
Release 6.5 was not primarily a performance release. Still NetBeans improved a lot (see Fitness65), however there is still a lot of things to improve, it is time to look at the new beginning. This is the entrance page to the world of scalability, stability, UI responsiveness, memory leaks and other performance fixes for release 6.7.
Critical Areas for NetBeans 6.7
- FitnessViaCleanup and FitnessViaWhiteAndBlackList
To get an overall picture of what the improvements look like for the users, read the Performance Press Release. If you wonder why we started our work with a press release, read about Working Backwards.
- Remaining performance problems - post 6.7 performance topics
- Main performance problems - post 6.5 performance topics
- NB 6.7 improvements - technical council review
- NB 6.7 performance goals - main goals for the release, general criteria on performance
- NB 6.7 performance plan - implementation plan
- 6.5 Performance - homepage of the 6.5 performance effort
- 6.1 Performance - homepage of the 6.1 performance effort (aka Visible improvements in critical areas)
- FitnessIsWhen - study to find out how exactly people perceive performance of NetBeans IDE