For NetBeans 6.10 release the main focus is going to be on:
- improving UI responsiveness and usability of the IDE during scanning (mainly navigation),
- less intrusive detection of external file changes,
- better diagnostics and post-mortem analysis,
- faster debugger stepping.
To get an overall picture of what the improvements look like for the users, read the Performance Press Release. If you wonder why we started our work with a press release, read about Working Backwards.
- Post 6.9 performance topics - analysis of current state, base for our planning
- Performance goals for NB 6.10 - what should be improved for the next release
- NB 6.10 performance plan - implementation plan
- Performance Press Release
- Previous releases: 6.9 Performance, 6.8 Performance, 6.7 Performance, 6.5 Performance, 6.1 Performance
- See also the Performance category and sub-categories to browse all performance-related pages. Azelex