Fedora/How To/Install NetBeans IDE/Package Manager for GNOME
How to install the NetBeans IDE via the Package Manager for GNOME on Fedora?
- Fedora 10 or later.
- A repository with the NetBeans software sources (AKA “yum repositories”) is accessible, e.g. via the Internet. Since Fedora 10 a main repository of the Fedora contains the packages (RPMs) of a version of the NetBeans software, and this repository is enabled by default after installation of the Fedora.
- Launch the Package Manager via the menu item System ▸ Administration ▸ Add/Remove Software.
- Select Search by name and type netbeans in the edit control, then press the button Find.
- Select an item Integrated Development Environment (IDE) in the list of packages and set its checkbox to checked.
- Press the button Apply.
- After some time you will see a dialog with info about packages that will also be downloaded and installed. Confirm this by pressing the button Install.
- Wait for completion of the installation, and close the Add/Remove Software window.
Now, you can run the NetBeans IDE via menu item Applications ▸ Programming ▸ NetBeans IDE or by means of typing the command netbeans in the terminal.