There are so many lists - which do I subscribe to?
The lists you should subscribe to depends on your level and involvement with netbeans.org. Here are some rough guidelines taken from the main lists info page:
- Subscribe to nbannounce for notification about major releases and other high level announcements.
- Subscribe to email@example.com for the NetBeans weekly newsletter which highlights the latest tutorials and community activities.
- To talk to other users, or look for help with technical problems, subscribe to nbusers the primary community support channel.
- If you work on the NetBeans code, or would like to start doing so, subscribe to nbdev.
- Subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're building an application on the NetBeans platform, or a NetBeans module.
- If you are working with NetBeans Mobility and have questions about using the IDE for MIDP or CDC development, subscribe to users@mobility.
See the descriptions on the top level lists page for more information about each of these lists.
Obviously, this is only a rough guide, but there's no harm in subscribing and watching the kind of traffic that a list generates so you can get a feel for if the list is right for you or not. Alternatively, you can browse archives of past messages to find out about list traffic. Links to each list's archives are included on the lists pages.