How do I set the password for GlassFish server?
An administrator username and password are required when you deploy an application to an instance of the GlassFish server from the IDE. The IDE uses the administrator username and password that are specified in the Properties window for the server. The username and password specified in the Properties window must match the username and password specified in the Admin Console of the GlassFish server.
You should change the default administrator password after you install the GlassFish server. The GlassFish Server Open Source Edition is installed when you install the Java EE or All bundles of the IDE. The default password for the administrator will depend upon the version of the GlassFish server that is installed with the IDE.
Perform the following steps to change the administrator password of the GlassFish server.
- Open the Services tab in the IDE and expand the Servers node.
- Start the server by right-clicking the GlassFish server node and choosing Start in the popup menu.
- After the server is started, right-click the server node and choose View Domain Admin Console in the popup menu to open the Admin Console in your browser.
- Click Domain in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Administrator Password tab.
- Type the new password and confirm. Click Save.
- In the Services tab in the IDE, right-click the GlassFish server node and choose Properties to open the Servers manager.
- Type the new password in the Password field. Click Close.