How Can I Quickly Navigate to Methods and Fields?
The IDE offers a Quick Search that allows you to jump to any class by typing the first letters of its name. This feature is accessible in the Projects View, Files View, Favorites View, Navigator View and Properties View.
- Make sure the focus is set on the View in which you want to search; for example, press Ctrl-1 to focus on the Projects View, Ctrl-7 for Navigator View.
- Focus on Navigator View to search for fields or methods within the currently selected class.
- Start typing the name of the method you search. A search window will pop up and while you type, the first file matching your search string will be highlighted.
- Tip 1: Press the Tabulator key to automatically complete unique file names.
- Tip 2: If there are several files matching your search string, cycle through them by pressing the up and down arrow keys.
- Tip 3: Select and expand a node by double-clicking its node icon to restrict searching to only this subtree.
- Tip 4: Close Quick Search by pressing Escape.
- Note that the search covers only expanded nodes.
Applies to: NetBeans 5.x, 6.x