Field breakpoints are usable when a user needs to track accesses to some class field or its modifications.
- move editor cursor on a field you want to track
- invoke New Breakpoint action Ctrl+Shift+F8 or by menu Debug > New Breakpoint
- Package, Class and Field Names textfields should be filled by appropriate values
- choose if you want to track modifications of the field or accesses to it by Stop On combo box
- you can choose if the debugger will stop current thread, all threads or just log a message into Debugger Console by Suspend selector
- debugger will hit the breakpoint if Condition option will be empty or an expression written there will be evaluated as true
Applies to: NetBeans 6.x