PHP Documentation Support in NetBeans IDE
NetBeans IDE can be used with the following PHP documentation generators:
- PhpDocumentor Support plugin provided by NetBeans team
- Advantages: Widely used, plugin officially supported for NB 7.0, sources available through PEAR.
- Disadvantages: Does not support PHP 5.3, source may not be updated anytime soon, configuration can be tricky (esp non-Linux)
- APIGen Community-contributed plugin
- Advantages: Newer documentation system, supports PHP 5.3, uses PhpDoc syntax
- Disadvantages: No documentation outside Nette forum, APIGen has close relationship with Nette framework meaning it sometimes has problems with other frameworks (such as Symfony), some issues with excluding file paths
- Doxygen: Community-contributed plugin with associated Kenai project. Requires download of Doxygen sources.
- Advantages: Widely used, supports PHP 5.3
- Disadvantages: Plugin does not work on Linux, plugin not verified for NB 7.0, only 6.9