Using JDBC-ODBC Bridge Layer in NetBeans
Author(s): Arpit Goel & Prateek Garg
For better quality of the screencast, download all the attachments and view it locally.
This doc is based on a File:Demo DemoOnJDBC ODBC.htm Flash Demo, developed using Wink. It shows how to establish connection to database through JDBC using JDBC-ODBC Bridge, how to create table and run simple SQL queries.
- Once you have set up the connection to your database, you can perform the various operations related to SQL:-
- Create , edit data structures
- Enter SQL queries and see the results immediately
- Connect to multiple databases
- Transfer table schemas across databases.
- The Java Software bridge provides JDBC access via ODBC drivers.
- Note that you need to load ODBC binary code onto each client machine that uses this driver.
- As a result, the ODBC driver is most appropriate on a corporate network where client installations are not a major problem, or for application server code written in Java in a three-tier architecture.