User requirements for project dependencies
Project system supports dependent projects (libraries) for managed projects.
There are following features enabled:
- Open required (dependent) projects
- Build dependent projects (check box in libraries table)
- Support list of dependent projects
- Additional link options for dependent projects
- Code model uses dependent projects for resolving definitions
Project system does not support dependent projects for makefile-based projects. It makes impossible mentioned above features for makefile-based projects.
In general real big open source projects are makefile-based projects. Such projects consist from recursive makefiles. From user point of view big project should be divided on some sub-projects.
Ordinary user open some sub-projects. But user want:
- on demand rebuild dependent project
- see function definitions in dependent project
- see dependent projects in projects view and class view.
Table summarize requirements for project dependences:
|Feature||Managed project||Makefile based project||Makefile based project requirements|
|Open required (dependent) projects||+||-||+|
|Build dependent projects (check box in libraries table)||+||-||-|
|Support list of dependent projects||+||-||+|
|Additional link options for dependent projects||+||-||-|
|Code model uses dependent projects for resolving definitions, declarations||+||-||+ must|
|Show dependencies in project view (RFE)||-||-||+|
|Show dependencies in class view (RFE)||-||-||+|