Input/Output Monitor (part of J&B project)
Dev: Alexey Vladykin (AV; NB nick: alexey_vladykin)
Lead: Maria Tishkova (MT; NB nick: mromashova)
Assist user in identifying and solving typical I/O problems.
It must work on Solaris.
For reference: integesting I/O-related information:
- is file read/written char-by-char or in large blocks? (large blocks are usually faster)
- how many files are open simultaneously? (file handles can be exhausted)
- how many times is the same file opened?
- what files were accessed?
- how much data has the program read/written?
Existing I/O profiling tools (including Java)
Implement data collector, indicator, and details view.
Replace original SunStudio's R/W, I/O and F/S monitors.
Open bug count. The less - the better.
|M2||Aug 14||Bugfixing, UI changes (if any)|
Risks and dependencies
Status and test results
Mostly done. Cosmetic changes underway - icons and file count on indicator.